Transportation and Infrastructure Member Designated Projects
Members are encouraged to apply for funding towards projects that meet the committee’s requirements. The application for TX-29 was open from April 9th to the 20th and publicly available on Congresswoman Garcia’s official website. The selection process was competitive, with many more projects applying than funds available. These projects, combined, if authorized, will bring over $12,000,000 back to the 29th District.
Congresswoman Sylvia R. Garcia’s requested projects:
Project Name: City of South Houston- Concrete Sidewalks
Project Location: South Houston, Texas 77587
Project Sponsor: City of South Houston
Requested Amount: $1,264,530
This project will provide new sidewalks for streets all over the city of South Houston to make sure everyone has equal access to safe streets.
Project Name: Foley Street & Navigation Realignment & Infrastructure Re-Use Construction Phase
Project Location: Foley Street & Navigation Boulevard, Houston, TX 77011
Project Sponsor: East End District
Requested Amount: $10,000,000
This project will construct a new street connecting N York to Lockwood to increase connectivity and access for current and future neighbors. It will also restructure Navigation Boulevard between Lockwood and Mack to increase pedestrian and bicycle safety and add greenspace for the community.
Project Name: Safe Access to Transit Improvements
Project Location: Various locations in the Greater Northside, Houston, TX
Project Sponsor: Greater Northside Management District
Requested Amount: $1,200,000
This project will encourage more community transit access by installing safety features along transit stops all over the Greater Northside such as ADA ramps, lights, and other improvements.
The Committee requires all Member submissions to include the following information for each project requested:
- Documentation of whether the project is on the State, Tribal, or territorial transportation improvement program (STIP); and on the metropolitan transportation improvement program (TIP), if applicable
- Sources of funding for the full share of the cost of the project beyond the amount requested
- Letter(s) of support from the State department of transportation, or local government, transit agency, or other non-Federal sponsor
- A description of the process that has been or will be followed to provide an opportunity for public comment on the project
- Project phase (e.g. Planning, Final Design, Construction)
- NEPA category of action (e.g. Categorical Exclusion, Environmental Assessment, Environmental Impact Statement)
- Status of environmental review
- Whether the project has received Federal funding previously, and if so the source and amount
- Certification that the Member, their spouse, and other immediate family members do not have a financial interest in the project