Congressional App Challenge
Congresswoman Sylvia Garcia is excited to announce that her office will be participating in the Congressional App Challenge, an app competition for students in middle and high schools across the country Students who reside or attend school within Texas 29th Congressional District are eligible to compete.
We strongly encourage participation of all students, regardless of their skill level or previous coding experience. The Challenge is an excellent opportunity to introduce more students into the world of STEM. We must continue to invest in our youth and recognize them for their efforts.
- Students must be in middle school or high school
- Students can compete as individuals or in teams of up to four members
- 50% of the team members must live in the 29th Congressional District of Texas go to school within the district
- Apps can be coded on any platform using any programming language or topic
- June 24th: Student registration opens
- November 1st: Student applications close
- December 1st- Office must submit winners
- December 31st- Deadline to announce winners
To complete a submission, students must submit the following:
- Sign-up form: Students must fill out a sign-up form so their eligibility can be verified
- If students are competing as part of a team, the sign-up form must include the relevant information (e.g. mailing address) from each student.
To learn more about the competition or to submit an application, please visit the Congressional App Challenge website at https://www.congressionalappchallenge.us/ or contact Alexandra Estrada at email@example.com